Next half term will be a thrilling time for pupils and staff who will be collaborating to piece together our final plans for Willows University. Curriculum leaders, collaborating with our office manager and geology expert, Dr Dale have made connections with learning institutions, arts organisations and businesses to put together a learning program that not only depends on outstanding teaching from our excellent staff, but also expertise from people who are top of their field in the subjects that we study. Every child from Reception to Year 6 will have access to this new exciting opportunity.
We are already making our first steps into the program, which will be fully launched from September onwards. Below is just a small taste of the kinds of things we will be able to offer:
- Astronomy and Drama from Warwick University
- Psychology from Warwick University
- Continued links with the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Engineering from Coventry University
- Opera singers performing at The Barbican London, making podcasts for our children
- A famous children’s author sharing her Spanish books with our children: watch this space!
- Shottery Girl’s Grammar offering greater depth opportunities in STEM
- King Edward’s Grammar School: history support
- Linda Atherton, a leader in STEM, providing training for teachers and workshops for children
- Creative writing and art from the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- Reading workshops and resources with Warwick Books
- Enriching sports facilities with Stratford Upon Avon School
- Stratford Cricket Club